Like to run, cycle, hike or walk? Then Run Keeper is really a must have app. The main gist is that it tracks where you go on your run, walk, bike ride or hike, and tracks metrics like overall speed, elevation differences, pace, and calories burned.
The best part about Run Keeper is how many devices and apps it can interact with. There are tons of cardio tracking devices that interface with the app to track your heart rate like Fitbit or Jawbone, and other apps like Fitocracy and My Fitness Pal. Plus Run Keeper integrates with your phone's music to play certain playlists whenever you are working out!
Pros & Cons
- Great GPS and fitness tracking app
- Track your routes so you will remember them next time
- Track fitness metrics like your weight and calories burned
- Comes with running and walking training plans
- Could have more information/metrics to offer
- “Premium” version offers more benefits
- Can run slow on older devices