Medium is a well known website where people can go to read original writing by experts and opinionated people on anything and everything. Writers include White House staff, marketing experts, scientists and advocates of pretty much any cause you can think of. Even if you're not an expert but just have something to say, you can become a writer and post your thoughts on the site, and the site's algorithms and search features help readers sort it all out.
The app version is pretty good and you can even write on it, as well as reading of course. The content is top notch because it is all pretty authentic and not as much "clickbait" as other sites have.
Pros & Cons
- Unique network for readers and writers
- Writing syncs with your draft folders on the Medium website
- Interact with posts by highlighting important passages & posting comments
- Keep up with important news and opinions on the go
- Doesn’t have “time to read” feature found on site
- Long articles are a pain to scroll to the bottom to see comments
- In app browser not the best