Hyperlapse is a cool video app from Instagram that finally allows you to create cool time lapse videos without the use of expensive tripods and camera stabilizing equipment. Just shoot your video and then you can speed it up, up to 12x the original speed. The app has stabilization features so your finished product won't look all bumpy and weird. You can even take video while you're in motion!
This app does have some things to improve on. First of all, it eats up a ton of battery. It would be nice if it had some type of feature to lower battery consumption while taking long videos. In addition, there is no autofocus while recording, so if you are moving and taking video at the same time, you will have to keep tapping the screen making for a frustrating experience. However, we're confident the folks over at Instagram will make improvements since they are always updating and changing their apps.
Pros & Cons
- Shoot amazing timelapse videos without expensive equipment
- Shoot time lapse videos in motion
- Choose a speed up to 12x original speed
- No need to sign up for Instagram
- Uses a lot of battery
- No autofocus while recording
- Would be nice if you were able to upload existing videos from library