They say the best way to learn a language is through immersion, but it's really hard to do that unless you want to spend a lot of money to travel abroad and spend time in a foreign land. Hello Pal is an app that solves this problem. It allows you to actually talk with someone from a foreign country so you can practice your language skills and learn vernacular phrases.
The app can be done either with voice or text, so you can work on speaking or writing skills. You can do more than one chat at the same time. If you haven't any idea of how to speak a certain language, the app has a great translation engine and dictionary to help you out.
Pros & Cons
- Talk with anyone around the world in a foreign language
- You don’t really need to know the language that well
- Helps you learn a language
- Large user base
- Can’t send phrasebook sentences in text automatically, can only type them or speak them
- The way it displays contacts isn’t intuitive
- Only has 2,000 phrases in phrasebook – seems like a lot but not really that much