Grocery IQ is an app that helps people with their grocery shopping, as the name would suggest. You and the whole family can make lists and share and sync them across multiple devices, meaning that everyone can add anything to the list. You can also sync it to the Grocery IQ website, which is convenient. The thing that sets this app apart is that you can add things to list by scanning barcodes, meaning that there won't be any mistakes!
The one thing some users find annoying is that the app does seem to run in the background as it can send users cute greetings, wishing them good morning and the like. Some users find it jarring for an app of this type to do that, and don't like the fact that they can't prevent it from running in the background.
Pros & Cons
- Make grocery lists from scanned barcodes
- Create custom “aisles” to match the aisles in your favorite grocery store
- Keep your store loyalty card info in the app
- Syncs with Grocery IQ website
- App can run in the background, using up battery
- Sync between devices is sometimes slow
- Difficult to figure out how to contact customer support from app – have to go to website