Foursquare is a location based game and social network. Check into your favorite locations to become mayor and of course, get deals! It used to be the primary location based social network before Facebook added check ins. You also get badges for making certain achievements and checking into certain events.
Not only can you check in, but you can also search and get recommendations for the best places to go around town. You can also create a list of saved places that you want to go so you can actually make plans to visit all the bars and restaurants that strike your fancy.
Pros & Cons
- Become the mayor of any place by checking in the most
- Find the best places around town
- Earn badges for achievements
- More than 60 million user created reviews
- A way to let people know you’re not home!
- Some bugs
- Trouble with some non-English alphabets