Device 6 is a great game that you will either love or hate. It is kind of like a cross between Myst and a choose your own adventure novel. There is a lot of stuff to figure out on your own, and you have to scour the story to find clues to know what to do next. The game is truly original and has a very stylized look and feel. There is also a great original soundtrack that will not only entertain you and keep you engaged in the game.
Unfortunately once you beat this game there's not much more to do, so it's pretty useless. Plus it does cost a pretty penny at $4, which is most than many games, and it is expensive considering there are probably only 3-4 hours of game play here.
Pros & Cons
- Really unique gaming premise
- Modern version of a choose your own adventure novel with some twists
- Great soundtrack
- App gives you a great mystery novel feeling
- After you win the game you can’t play again
- Some puzzles in the game are really mysterious
- Lots of turning and scrolling involved