Bejeweled has come a long way since it was very popular as a simple level based game online. Now it is a game that is somewhat like Candy Crush, with worlds and levels that progress in difficulty and type. With this new version of the game, there are lots of exciting new developments like power ups and new ways to play in different levels, but there are also some downsides.
First of all, it used to be in Bejeweled that you would just die if you ran out of lives, but be able to start playing again at level 1. Now if you die you have to wait for your lives to regenerate. Conveniently, you can also pay to have more lives. There are a lot of in app purchases that they clearly want you to buy to have an easier time playing the game, so it's not the free fun it used to be. However, it's still a barrel of monkeys.
Pros & Cons
- A new take on a classic game
- Multiple types of play in the same game
- New special powers based on gem combinations
- Leaderboards for each level
- For free play you only get a limited number of lives that take time to regenerate
- In app purchases are very tempting and help you win a lot
- Some feel it is now modeled on other existing games out there