Anchor is an app that seeks to bring voice recording back to the app sphere. With radio on the way out, the main way people can do voice recordings is by making podcasts, which can be costly or difficult to create. With the Anchor app, users can create voice recordings up to 2 minutes long to communicate with the Anchor community. Then, people can respond to your original post with their own recordings!
It's a nice idea but why do voice recordings when you can do a short video or just type words out on Twitter? It seems like there might not be that many people interested in such a service, but it turns out there are enough because it appears to be gaining steam.
Pros & Cons
- Like Twitter but for Voice Recordings
- Record clips up to 2 minutes and distribute to followers
- Reply to recordings with your own
- Embed recordings online
- Some people not comfortable doing voice recordings
- Lacks anonymity of Twitter
- Why do voice recording when you could do video on other services?