All Trails is an app that purports to tell you about more than 50,000 hiking trails around the US. It does do that, but to really get to the meat of this app you have to pay a $29.99 fee to go "pro." Many users have had trouble with the GPS portion of this app - either getting to the trailhead or using the GPS to track speed and distance traveled while hiking.
One downside to this app is that you have to be "pro" to download maps for offline use, and then it's only a screenshot of a map, so you might have to download a few maps to get the full picture of your hike. So, if you don't have cell service, which you probably won't on a hiking trip, best to consult the world wide web and print out a map, or buy a topographical map before heading out.
Pros & Cons
- 50,000+ hiking trails in the app
- Get driving directions to the trailhead
- Save favorite trails
- Record statistics like time, speed and elevation gain
- Premium version has some really useful features and it’s $29.99/year
- Some users find the map in premium not all that helpful
- GPS tracker can be innacurate